How to Receive Your FREE Captioned Phone
Do you ever feel like getting a phone call just means getting frustrated? Many people have trouble hearing on the telephone, even with hearing aids A captioned phone enables a person to communicate effortlessly over the phone, such as catching up with family, visiting with friends, managing appointments and other day-to-day appointments.
A captioned phone works a lot like closed-caption television. It displays written captions of what your caller is saying on a large, easy-to-read screen. The captioned phone also has a variety of features to help you hear and understand a call better.
When you make or receive a call using a captioned phone, a live captioning agent is automatically connected to the call. This person uses voice-recognition technology and manual corrections to turn the audio into captions. This combination of technology and human involvement helps the phone deliver the most accurate captions possible. Captioned phones follow strict privacy regulations and none of you conversation is recorded.
About the Phone
- A captioned phone is designed specifically for people with hearing loss, and it includes both audio and visual features to help you understand phone call better
- Captions appear nearly simultaneously as you talk. The captions scroll on the screen as the conversation continues.
- A volume dial lets you adjust how loud the call is on the handse or speakerphone
- Phone settings let you customize frequencies based on your individual hearing loss
- Additional features like voice messages and saved conversations make the captioned phone extra convenient.
How to receive your Free captioned phone
To be eligible to receive a free phone you must have hearing loss and you must also have high speed internet. There is no additional charge to your phone bill by using a captioned phone. Our audiologists, Dr. Kathleen Strafuss or Dr.Temeka Ford, will discuss your needs and certify you for a phone if you have a hearing loss. Once certified for a captioned phone, A representation from the caption call service will contact you and set up a time to bring your phone to you. They will set your phone up, show you how to use it, and offer continued support through customer service
Call us today at (281) 361-4327